Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Christmas is coming....

As the shops have started to tell us, Christmas is looming ahead. ARGH! It is at my house this year, I have about 25 people coming throughout the day. I think they will all be here for lunch.

For the first year ever, it is going to be completely gluten free. Usually everyone makes stuff and brings it to the host house. This year I have offered to buy and make everything for the big day so I can be completely sure that nothing will be contaminated and I will be completely safe to eat anything.

Usually at family events, I take my own stuff or people will make me somthing and keep it safe somewhere. Which is lovely. But for once, I would love to be able to go up to the food table and help myself to anything on there and not worry about anything. It is very easy to do this - just have to buy the right products and those that do not require gluten free will not notice any different. For me the difference is huge!

Thankfully all the family are in agreeance with me and quite happy for me to make sure it is all gluten free. They have all offered me money as well as time to help prepare at my house.

I now have to think about the menu!

No comments: